Instructions to create a bootable Windows 8.1 USB Flash drive
- Step 1: Download and run Rufus
- Step 2: From the device drop down menu select your USB flash drive
- Step 3: For partition scheme . Select “ GPT partition scheme for UEFI computer “ if you have a UEFI enabled Bios , otherwise select “ MBR partition scheme for BIOS and UEFI computer “ .
- Step 4: For file system select Fat 32 if your windows 8.1 ISO file size is below 4 GB else choose NTFS . For a UEFI bios it is compulsory to have a FAT32 file system .
- Step 5: Leave the cluster size at default and check the quick format option .
- Step 6: check “ create a bootable disk using “ and select ISO image and select the Windows 8.1 RTM ISO image .
- Step 7: Check “ create extendable label and icon “
- Step 8: Now click on start to create your bootable Windows 8.1 USB flash drive .
Once your bootable windows 8.1 USB pen drive is created , you can then process further with installing windows 8.1 on your PC . We will do a detailed guide about installing windows 8.1 very shortly .